Sr. Database Administrator, IT 100-110k
North Dallas/Richardson, TX, USA
Conceptualizes, designs, constructs, tests and implements business and technical IT solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
This position is primarily responsible for direction, support and maintenance of the Company’s Oracle e-Business Suite and supporting databases. It requires strong analytical and problem solving skills plus the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience which includes senior management, business stakeholders and IT team. An in depth knowledge of Oracle’s Enterprise RDBMS, e-Business technology stack and Oracle Applications is needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain all development, test, and production databases.
- Develop and support standards and physical data storage design, as well as maintenance, access, and security administration; perform backup and recovery on Database Management Systems (DBMS) and configure database parameters and design prototype logical data model.
- Define data repository requirements, data dictionaries, and warehouse requirements; consult with and advise users on access to various databases, as well as, work with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
- Assist management with the development of database strategies that support the organization’s needs and requirements.
- Possess the ability to optimize database access and allocate/reallocate database resources for optimum configuration, database performance, and cost.
- Manage the maintenance and use of the corporate data dictionary.
- Develop and establish guidelines and processes to manage demand and performance, as well as work with peers across other departments to manage demand, performance, and capacity processes.
- Conceptualizes, designs, constructs, tests and implements business and technical IT solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
- Interacts with Business Delivery Teams to gain an understanding of the business environment and technical contexts.
- Participates in business and technical IT solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and conversions.
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and/or technical problems.
- Prepares system documentation establishes and maintains security, integrity, and business continuity controls and documents. Provide leadership and mentoring to jr. level technical teams.
- Contributes to the strategic direction of the function.
- Advises senior management on issues as they pertain to larger organizational issues/business initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be resident citizens of the United States, who have or who are eligible to possess a U.S. Government personnel security clearance at the level of Top Secret. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years experience with Oracle database administration in a business environment including installing, patching, cloning, upgrading and restoring/recovering databases (Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g).
- 5+ years experience as an Oracle e-Business (11i or 12i) Application DBA which encompasses installing, patching, cloning, upgrading, and supporting
- Oracle application software and associated Oracle technology stack in a multi-tier environment including database server, applications server, web server, concurrent processing server, reports server, forms server, admin server and discoverer sever environment. Experience with Oracle’s PeopleSoft application a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of underlying Oracle Application database architectures, file system structures, schemas/products, tables, views, packages, procedures, functions, triggers, sequences, indexes and constraints is a must.
- Knowledge of Oracle’s Mobile field Service (WebToGo), Informatica PowerCenter, Solix EDMS suite and Microsoft SQL Server is a plus.
- Experience using Oracle’s Metalink support environment is a must.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories in own discipline, and has extensive knowledge of principles and concepts in other functions.
- Demonstrates advanced business knowledge and analyses the impact of emerging industry trends.
- Demonstrates leading edge knowledge of concepts and theories in own discipline.
- Perceived internally and externally as expert in the function.
- Teaches others the technical and functional knowledge and skills needed to achieve results at the optimum level of performance.
- Applies leading edge knowledge to drive strategic direction of the function and the business in partnership with senior leaders.
- Recognized as a thought-leader.
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Ethics & Values
- Peer Relationships
- Conflict Managerment
- Continuous Improvement
- Business Acumen
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Decision Quality
This position is local and does not include relocation. Only candidates who possess the above minimum requirement will be considered.