Infrastructure Technical Architect 105-110k
North Dallas/Richardson, TX, USA
Information Technology Infrastructure Architect needed to review, architect and develop solutions, and to drive project delivery across all infrastructure domains for a premier provider of fire, communications and security products and services.
The successful candidate will:
Develop and manage high-level technical design plans and implementation within the business-delivery technical IT architecture. The IT Architect will have a broad understanding of the technical and applications architectures. Expertise may be applied in a general area or focused on a specific technical area. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating the research, strategy, design, implementation, documentation and management of the IT infrastructure architecture. This includes operational and strategic planning on day-to-day operations, R & D, compliance, disaster recovery, and business continuity. Collaborates with IT infrastructure services colleagues (voice & data networking, data center & servers, IT security, desktop & service desk, web services) and application groups (internet, intranet, corporate and business unit application development) to provide a secure, reliable, scalable, flexible, maintainable and efficient infrastructure to meet current and strategic business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates strategic IT plans and strategies for the enterprise, factoring in a strong knowledge of the future vision of the organization. Uses this information to significantly influence future IT strategy. Prepares enterprise-wide architectural strategy and gap analysis recommendations, commensurate with business direction, for presentation to senior IT management.
- Sets strategic direction and provides technical leadership and mentoring to project teams.
- Provides recommendations and assessment of development/test/production environments for interrelated areas (server, storage, database, desktop, network, security) design, implementation, documentation (standards, processes, controls) and operational management of infrastructure related products and services.
- Serves as expert in multiple leading edge technologies and provides leadership in planning for the future of a technology area.
- Works across the enterprise as a visionary with an understanding of corporate strategy, to proactively assist in defining the direction of future projects.
- Maintains understanding of industry best practices across all platforms.
- Drives out inefficiencies and cost savings in platform, product and operational areas.
- Plays an active role in the development of services and standards to satisfy IT security requirements.
- Develops highly sophisticated technology plans and cost-benefit analysis that require the integration of multiple technologies and the interrelationships of multiple systems serving diverse customer areas.
- Provide senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the enterprise’s overall systems architecture.
- Brings technical knowledge from external sources and incorporates those ideas into IT.
- Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies to better serve the enterprise’s architecture needs.
- Develops strategies and direction for systems and solutions using current and emerging technologies.
- Leads design efforts on technical solutions for the most complex projects, entailing high levels of risk, integrating multiple technologies, and with broad, strategic impact across multiple customer areas. Performs project management of infrastructure and strategic technology projects.
- Provides oral and written presentations on current and emerging technologies, in order to educate key stakeholders regarding technical issues.
- Mentor, train, and develop junior staff
- Team lead and supervisor to junior staff (when assigned)
- Approves and modifies design and architecture to ensure compliance; evaluates and recommends new products.
- Performs as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent.
- Provides advanced multi-disciplinary knowledge, skills and experience in technical architecture and design.
- Collaborates, defines and maintains effective and efficient designs to optimize performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four (4) year degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related IT discipline (advanced degree preferred).
- Applicants must either possess a current U.S. Government personnel security clearance at the level of Top Secret or be eligible to possess a Top Secret security clearance (United States citizens).
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- This is an enterprise position and requires experience in a similar role. The successful candidate would be expected to have 12-15 years in the infrastructure space.
- Previous experience creating a Technical Architecture Road Map in the infrastructure space
- Provisioning of Technical Architecture services to a MidCap or larger company or within a consulting organization to such a company for 3 years
- Broad technical knowledge across all infrastructure domains including Network, Security, Operations, and Server/OS platforms including AIX & Windows 2008, Enterprise storage (SAN, NAS, VTL), Oracle and MSSQL databases, and virtualization.
- In depth experience with enterprise applications including, but not limited to, Oracle EBS, MS Sharepoint, PeopleSoft HRMS and .NET, as well as with methodologies and frameworks such as ITIL v3, SOA, EDI and messaging.
- Deep knowledge of IT architecture and infrastructure standards with the proven ability to design hardware and software solutions, systems options, and risks analyses in order to successfully integrate solution with business requirements.
- Experience with IT Security.
- Ability to establish a trusted leadership working relationship across the IT and business sectors. Perceived internally and externally as expert in the function.
- Ability to present and communicate technical concepts with options to IT and business executives
- Ability to identify infrastructure milestones for project and program level activities.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple BIS applications and infrastructure project teams and schedules.
- Leading edge knowledge of concepts and theories in own discipline.
- Ability to apply leading edge knowledge to drive strategic direction of the function and the business in partnership with senior leaders.
- Recognition as a thought-leader.
- Understanding of integration points and interfaces, and ability to ensure that next generation technology allows for seamless integration.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of ITIL or similar service management process standards
- Strong Project Management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills