November 27, 2006 - Begin work at WellCare as a contractor.
December 2, 2006 - Closed on Gainesville house
December 17, 2006 - Purchased Tampa house
December 26, 2006 - Rolled into a fulltime position at WellCare in the Datawarehouse group
January 4, 2007 - New CIO announced at WellCare
April 21, 2007 - Kate gives the Reaper the finger
Summer 2007 - Awarded on-the-spot bonus, only to be *PIPped 2 days later
August 6, 2007 - Sent a "manifesto" to my CIO
August 14, 2007 - Started this blog
October 24, 2007 - FBI Raids WellCare with 200 agents
January 26, 2008 - CEO and CFO resign from WellCare
April 24, 2008 - Gave my first professional presentation on Application Express
May 22, 2008 - I write a short statement on my blog that WellCare is doing layoffs
May 27, 2008 - I am fired from WellCare, with cause, for posting company "confidential" information
May 28, 2008 - My wife officially takes over as my blogging editor
May 31, 2008 - I get my official offer from Revolution Money as a contractor
June 15, 2008 - My paternal Grandfather passes away at 89
July 27, 2008 - I'm let go from Revolution Money
August 29, 2008 - My wife's maternal Grandmother passes away at 94
September 2, 2008 - I start as a fulltime employee at Revolution Money
September 24, 2008 - My wife's maternal Grandfather passes away at ~95 (no one knows his exact age)
December 26, 2008 - I'm furloughed from Revolution Money
December 29, 2008 - I'm asked to come back to Revolution Money.
April 8, 2009 - I resign and am then escorted from the premises.
April 10, 2009 - I start my new job.
October 16, 2009 - I get
November 3, 2009 - Became an Oracle ACE
What have I learned in this time?
1. Don't go into the office. If you boss says he needs a word, say you have to go to the bathroom and run for your car.
2. Leave early. If layoffs are coming and you aren't there, they can't let you go!
3. Don't check email while on vacation.
4. Life is rough sometimes, but you have to roll with it.
5. Have fun. We spend more time with those at work than we do with our families. Enjoy yourself while you are there. I got to play ping pong everyday (after 5 naturally) at Revolution Money with my Arch Nemesis. I won two times...out of a thousand games. But it was fun.
*Performance Improvement Plan