Contact information is below.
Job Summary: Oracle Database Administrator (DBA)
The Oracle DBA will be supporting multiple environments from Development, Quality Assurance (QA) and Production databases running Oracle 10g in a clustered environment. Experience working in a production UNIX/Linux environment is required for this position. Experience in performance tuning, change implementation, backup and recovery, monitoring and installation are key requirements. Candidate will also be expected to provide application-level support for our in house J2EE applications running on Tomcat and OC4J. Ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a team player with a strong organization, process and communication skills. This is a permanent position, not a contract. No 3rd parties please. No H1's or L1's.
- Installation and patching of Oracle RDBMS on Linux – adhering to standard operating procedures
- Performance tuning and administrative functions on Oracle production databases
- Enforce best practices in all areas of database administration and architecture including
- Review and implement database changes
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation for production databases
- Ensure backup and recovery of all Oracle data using RMAN, Standby Database and import/export
- Develop scripts for reporting, data manipulation and automation of daily tasks
- Provide support to Development and QA teams on applications/database issues
- Engage and support Software Developers during the SDLC
- Administration and support of Oracle’s Business Intelligence, Informatica, Tomcat and OC4J applications
- Develop and document formal processes and procedures
- Computer Science, or related science/Engineering degree (B.S. or equivalent).
- At least 3 to 5 years production Oracle DBA experience in a Linux/UNIX environment
- At least 2 years of experience with Oracle Real Time Application Clusters 10g or 11g with ASM or NFS.
- UNIX/Linux system knowledge sufficient to configure, maintain and monitor Oracle instance(s)
- Experience with OLTP, OLAP, DW, and ETL concepts
- Experience with indexing strategies and reading explain plans
- Experience with parallel processing, and partitioning
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard
- Experience with Oracle Grid Control, especially monitoring and alerting and managing multiple databases
- Database performance tuning ability is required
- Familiarity with the Full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Oracle and Oracle tools to support database environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of shell environments (C, Korn, KSH, Bourne)
- Demonstrated proficiency of SQL and PL/SQL
- Familiarity with HTML/ JAVA /Java scripts / JSP / PERL is a plus
- Familiarity with Oracle’s Business Intelligence suite, Informatica and J2EE administration is a plus.
- Will require after-hours or occasional weekend work to make changes during outage windows.
- Excellent oral and written skills
Subject line must contain the following: Oracle DBA Position (Job ID: careers119)
Compensation is negotiable and based on experience.
Relocation package is not available.