The Database Analyst provides database administration support for production, development, and test environments to include day-to-day monitoring and maintenance, problem investigation and resolution, backup creation and maintenance, SQL and database optimization and tuning as well as researching, analyzing, and recommending patches, upgrades, and new technologies surrounding all aspects of data management using relational databases.
* Provide support for all Oracle database environments to include problem identification, reporting, tracking, analysis, and resolution.
* Research and analyze all assigned anomalies - record, track and log all findings and recommendations.
* Participate in production on-call rotation (one week at a time of 7x24 on-call support for production environments).
* Monitor database performance and space utilization – investigate and resolve reported issues.
* Establish, maintain, and monitor database backups and DRP sites.
* Establish, maintain, and monitor database security, roles, user-role assignments, and individual logins per company security policies and procedures.
* Establish and maintain data replication as required for each application.
* Assist project teams in setting up and testing development, test, and production environments.
* Research, analyze, and recommend patches, tools, and/or database upgrades to resolve issues and add features/functionality.
* Architect, design, and implement replication and/or data synchronization.
* Assist project teams in designing efficient data access methods and procedures, including data structures (physical data modeling), SQL techniques, and use of database tools/utilities.
* Provide technical leadership to the DBA team by assisting junior team members and sharing knowledge and research of tools/techniques, and Oracle features.
* Serve as team liaison to project managers for database administration and system administration services.
* 7 years Oracle database administration experience to include versions 9I and 10G.
* 7 years SQL experience with expert-level skills in the SQL language.
* 3 years near-real time replication experience - any tool (streams, golden gate, etc).
* 1 year RAC or ASM experience.
* RMAN/Legato backup experience.
* 4 year BS or BA degree required in a computer related field or 6 years of directly related work experience in a large-scale IT environment.
* PL/SQL development experience.
* Oracle advanced replication, streams, or Golden Gate replication.
* Oracle Application Server (not Oracle Applications 11i).
* Experience in Oracle RAC (10G).
* Experience in Oracle Advanced Security & Data Encryption.
* Transparent application failover.