Here's your chance to work with 11g RAC.
Either email me (chet dot justice at gmail) your resume and I will pass it along, or drop me a line and I will provide you with the appropriate contact information.
Here are the details:
As a Database Administrator with Revolution Money Inc, you will be responsible for all aspects of administration and the deployment of the various database components of our products. Major duties are to include installation, configuration, integration, tuning, troubleshooting and support.
Joining our team means you will have the opportunity to implement and use advanced features such as clustering and replication. We operate in the following environment: Linux; Oracle 11g RAC on ASM with Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Streams; 7 x 24 on-call support.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Responsible for 24X7 production support.
• Install and maintain Oracle servers and service pack deployments.
• Manage security of application access to databases.
• Facilitate root cause analysis on database issues.
• Maintaining database performance by developing tuning methodologies.
• Perform backup and recovery.
• Assist database development environment and life cycle within the organization using best practices to ensure the benefits of standardization, documentation and change management.
• Providing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing database performance and trends.
• Research, planning and implementation of database upgrades and patches.
• Maintain technical documentation relating to database management.
• Perform benchmarking analysis to properly size hardware platforms.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist our internal customers running Oracle Database products including Oracle Applications.
• A Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent is required along with 5+ years experience with Oracle as a DBA.
• Production experience managing and monitoring Oracle 10g RAC databases.
• Oracle OEM/Grid Control, RMAN
• Strong PL/SQL , UNIX Scripting, Perl
• Solid Linux/UNIX and networking experience.
• Must be highly motivated, and a quick learner.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in teams, as well as working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment are requirements.
• Oracle 11g RAC databases
• Oracle Streams
• Oracle BI/Data Warehouse, Oracle Financials, OID, OWB