My job search is going. I had an interview last Friday and I have a follow-up tomorrow. I've got a few other leads, but nothing as concrete.
Last time I "lost" my job, I was prepared and was working within a week. I've been able to explore different ways to search for jobs this time as I was taken by surprise.
Here's a rundown of how I'm currently looking for work:
1. Twitter - Jake over at AppsLab suggested creating a feed on the "oracle" keyword. Sure enough, I've seen 5 or 6 job postings.
2. LinkedIn - Trolling my connections and others (again, suggested by Jake)
3. ORACLENERD - Nothing's come of this one, but I'm hopeful that someday in the future it will work for me. At the very least, it gives prospective employers insight into my thinking.
4. craigslist - I've found 2 or 3 jobs postings through here.
5. Friends - I've been fortunate to meet a lot of people in the Tampa Bay area. Despite my firing I've still got a decent reputation around town.
6. CareerBuilder - Goes without saying.
7. Monster - Still works.
One thing I have noticed is that my hits go way up when I lose my job. I'll accept a low hit count if it means I can keep my job!
Special thanks go to Tom, Jake, LewisC, Frank, Dodd, and Ray. If I left you off, it wasn't on purpose...there's just been so much going on.